Wednesday 4 June 2014

Developing my Designs - 3D Character Project

Developing my Design

Time Guardian 





I started brainstorming for this project by looking at types of art work that followed the theme of "Time" 



...and I also started sketching a few things I associated with time like clocks, stopwatches, hourglasses and because I wanted my character to look ancient I looked at images of sundials too and attempted sketching some of these things.   












I thought of how I could incorporate these elements in to my character, because we our modelling our family after the 'Toonix' style I was worried how to make the character detailed. So I thought about using a staff to symbolise his power over time and attempted a few designs of a staff that had an hourglass, clock etc  





The next step in my design process was creating the characters face, again because 'toonix' has very simplistic features, really just big black eyes and a mouth, I thought it would be difficult to express his personality of "Fearless"  






I decided to draw a beard on, because when I pictured my character I thought of 'Father Time' or a wise old wizard.. I like the long beards because I think it defiantly adds to his personality.




These were my first designs for my character.......


Designs continued.. 

I sketched a few more ideas for my character, and then I scanned the sketches and imported them to 'Adobe Photoshop' so I could edit the colours and get a better idea of how my character would look digitised. 

 4)

 5)
6)


7)


8)


This was actually my favourite of all my designs but I thought it would be too difficult to create the characters head with the protruding cogs, using 3DS MAX





Final Design.. 

This is the design I will base my final character on  

9) 


















No comments:

Post a Comment