Wednesday 4 June 2014

3D Character Project - Ideas and Theme


Ideas and Theme for 3D Character

For our second assignment, we have been tasked with creating, designing, developing and delivering a model of a 3D character, based around set constraints. This assignment made me very excited as character development is something i'm really interested in.

This is a group project, and my other group members are:

  • Melissa Hull
  • Patrick McCallion
  • Holly McLean
  • Caroline Gilliand
  • Jennifer Lynch

We based our theme on "The Japanese Elements" usually, Wind, Earth, Fire and Water but seeing as we had 6 people in our group we added another two elements.. "Space" and "Time" 

                                                        



My chosen element was "TIME" and we settled on creating "guardians" of these elements,

The descriptive themes are a type of personality, since designed characters tend to reflect their personalities in their appearance, the descriptive theme is probably the most influential constraint in regards to the characters outward design. 

I decided my character would be C, Fearless
I chose this because basically it was the most suited to my character, I have already decided on modelling him to look like a wise old man because my initial thought for him was "Father Time"                                                               
The next constraint to conform to is the floor-to-legs, legs-to-abdomen and abdomen-to-head cross sections.  

So really how the characters neck, body and footprint are shaped. I chose i for the neck, as my characters head is going to be quite large. The waist is M, as it's most human like. The footprint i chose R because his legs are just going to be rounded.




















We also had decided as a group that our "family of characters" would be modelled after TOONIX style 

Like this little guy above, based on this our proportions would fit closer toas it is small legs, small abdomen and large head


So my final code is CIMRT 


No comments:

Post a Comment