Thursday 5 June 2014

Character Project - Creation via 3DS MAX

Using 3DS MAX

I started off creating the character beginning with the head, by using a box and converting it to an edible poly, then added the "beard" by selecting a side of the polygon to edit and using the "bevel" tool and then I extruded and continued to do this to form the characters neck, body, arms and legs of the character. 

I added the modifier "HSDS" to get the rounded shape >>

I was able to modify the size of the arms, legs etc by using the scale tool. 

 The next stage was to add texture to my character, I spent alot of time checking out different maps and how they looked on my rendered character and eventually i decided on adding a ''swirl map" because I thought it was most fitting to the original plan I had for him. 




I am not overly happy with my final outcome of my character, I think I require a lot more practice with 3DS MAX and I think if i was to re-do the character I would start my using the box to create the body first and instead of using the extrude tool, I would add to his body with other objects. 

Final Render 

This is how my final character turned out
and the rest of my groups characters together. 


 




No comments:

Post a Comment